Mr. Fleming's Class Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain.

+3
Elizabeth takayama
hibiki kojima
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Ken

Post  Chiharu Suzuki Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 am

I am agree with your idea. I think religious law could be difficult for everyone to follow, and secular law is much more simple and universal.

Chiharu Suzuki

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain.

Post  Chiharu Suzuki Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 am

I think secular rule is more important than religious rule. There are some reasons that I can explain about it.
First of all, national law can use in the world so that everyone can follow it. But religious law is difficult for everyone to follow because some people might oppose with that religion. Also, because there are different kinds of religion so that it could make confusion to everyone. Therefore, I think national law is more simple and important for society.

Chiharu Suzuki

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty > Takashi

Post  Ken Hagiwara Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:29 am

That’s a good idea. I’ll agree to your opinion. I also said secular laws are more important than religious law, but I didn’t think about that. My idea was just the society would have more than one religion so people can’t follow every religious law.

Ken Hagiwara

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Re: Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain.

Post  Ken Hagiwara Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:29 am

I think secular rules are more important than the religious law. In a society, there would be people with different religions or some doesn’t even believe any religion. In this society, most people would follow the secular rules because the rules are united. On the other hand, not all people would follow the religious law because every religion has different rules. This is impossible to make this rules in one (unless the society has only one religion), so I think secular rules are more important.

Ken Hagiwara

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Sujata,

Post  Elizabeth takayama Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 pm

I do not agree with your idea. There are religious people who followers the path in their religious. For those people who thinks religious laws are more important, they think that national laws are just laws in the community and religious laws can be their main belief.

Elizabeth takayama

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Elizabeth

Post  sujata gawali Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 pm

I do not agree with you. As you said that religious law is more important than the national law but every people do not follow the religious path. And if religious law is more important then what will happen to those persons. Can they do any thing whatever they want?

sujata gawali

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Sujata,

Post  hibiki kojima Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:38 pm

I agree to your opinion.
I think that national laws are important in a way that every one in the society can follow. If there were only religious rules in the society, people who are not in religion could not follow any laws. Religious laws makes people get together but national laws cover up all issues and organize the society as whole. Both are important, but if I had to choose one, I think that national laws are more important.

hibiki kojima

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Re: Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain.

Post  takashi hirokata Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Secular laws are more important than relgious laws. Secular laws are laws for all of society. Religious laws are only for the people in that particualr religion and would not apply to the people that aren't in that religion. For example, the 10 Commandments couldn't be the law for a country because the first 4 talks about God. People that don't believe in God won't be able to relate to those rules. Religious laws are also very old and outdated. These laws come from things written thousands of years ago. The laws don't address all of the issued in our current society.

takashi hirokata

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain

Post  sujata gawali Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:02 pm

National and religious both law are important in there own situation. But among them the most important law is National law.
Religious law helps followers to be united and helps to keep peaceful environment among the society and the world. But there are many people who does not belongs to any religion. Such people do not follow the religious law because they don't belongs to any religion.
The law which is applied to whole nation is know as national law. It is implemented according to the right and duty of every citizens. So, everyone have to follow it. It helps to keep the non-violence, brotherhood, love, co-operation inside the country. Religious and no religious people both have to follow the national law.

sujata gawali

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws?

Post  Elizabeth takayama Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:00 pm

I think religious laws are more important than national rules.
Each follower in the society has a choice of which religious law they are going to follow, but there are no choice for the followers to follow the national laws or not. National laws are laws that must to be followed by the people in the society. Even others who does not agree or doesn't want to follow the national laws, they have no choice not to follow them because it is a rule to build a stable society.

However, in the religious laws are different. The followers are free to believe in the religions they want to believe in. There are different types of laws in diffrent types of religion. If a person is in a religion, he/she will also follow the national laws for the society, but they have an personal religious law to follow. For that person, national laws are just laws that were made for the community but the religious laws are laws made for the deity which he/she believes in and should follow in its religion.

Elizabeth takayama

Back to top Go down

Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain. Empty Which should be more important secular rules (national laws) or religious laws? Explain.

Post  hibiki kojima Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:40 pm

I think that national laws are more important than religious laws.
Both are important in different ways and it is not something to compare. Religious laws are important for the followers to follow, and national laws are for everyone in the society to follow. I think that religious laws help make group of people get involved, together and be unite as "one". Therefore, the society is stable, organized and peaceful. National laws make the society organized, peaceful and work out well. For example, people will be punished if they commit crime. People understand that they will be spending their life at prison and that crimes are not right thing to do. Those understanding prevent crimes and make the society stable. Opposite that, most religions do not have "physical" punishments for those who commit crimes. For example Christian ask for forgiveness when they commit crimes. I think that if there were only religious laws in the society, misunderstanding people will think that it is okay to commit crimes if they ask for forgiveness, and that will mess up the society. I think that both laws can exist because both laws help the society be stable, organized, and peaceful from a different angle. Both are important for the society. Still, national laws are one that is meant for "everyone" to follow, and religious people are included too, so I thought that national laws are more important.

hibiki kojima

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Think about the national laws of a country like Japan and the US and compare them to the religious laws of the main religions of Shintoism and Christianity.

Admin
Admin

https://worldhistorychy4u.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down