Mr. Fleming's Class Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malcolm X or Gandhi

+4
takashi hirokata
hibiki kojima
sujata gawali
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty Ken

Post  Chiharu Suzuki Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 am

I agree with your idea because I also do not want spend my life for them.
Any way, what is homeless!!!!!!!;;;;

Chiharu Suzuki

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty Malcolm X or Gandhi

Post  Chiharu Suzuki Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 am

There are difference between Gandhi and Malcolm X.
First of all, Gandhi practiced only one religion, which is Hindu.Malcolm X changed his religion 3 times which are Christian, Black Moslem, and finally Moslem. Malcolm X has changed in non-violence way by influenced from religion and fought with white Americans. May be I can live like them because I do not want to continue conflict, and I do not have much power to fight back, also I think non-violence is real hero and important for everyone.

Chiharu Suzuki

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty > Takashi

Post  Ken Hagiwara Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:28 am

I would also think the same way as you. I’m also too lazy to choose to live like them. Even though I’m not lazy, I’m sure that I can’t be like them because I can’t lead the people like they did, and also can’t believe something strongly.

Ken Hagiwara

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty Re: Malcolm X or Gandhi

Post  Ken Hagiwara Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:27 am

Malcolm X and Gandhi were affected by their religion in very different ways. Malcolm X had changed his religion two times. First a Christian, than a Black Moslem, and finally a Moslem. While he was a Christian, he wasn’t religious. But after he had been a Black Moslem, he became very religious and fought the white Americans. When he became a Moslem, he started to believe the non-violence and became a peaceful person. On the other hand, Gandhi was only influenced by his two religions. Hinduism and Christianity. For his whole life, he believed the thought of non-violence and he became the most famous Hindu that never fought back. I don’t want to choose to be like Malcolm X nor Gandhi, but if I need to choose one, I would live like Malcolm X because I don’t want to give everything, and live like a homeless.

Ken Hagiwara

Back to top Go down

Post  takashi hirokata Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:20 pm

I might find something that I feel strongy about, however I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I won't be able to put any effort into it at all. I'll just complain and do nothing.

takashi hirokata

Back to top Go down

Post  hiroko michelle Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 am

I forgot to write if i could live as malcom x or gandhi... So as I am christian, since my freshmen year of high school. Someone actually introduced to me about his "youth group" and he drove me to their house. At first I was really uptight and shy, couldnt share my opinion about how I feel when they talked about christianity, or any topics. But since 2 years ago, August 15th, 2006 Chrysalis (Christian Reunion) where people gather as one and share their talks about the idea of Christianity. Most people that go there are who hasnt shared their faith with God or people who lost their faith in Jesus, or even with no religion. And guess where I was before 2 years ago, someone who didnt have any religion.

But now i have stronger faith and trust in Jesus, I will always willing to live a life like malcom x or gandhi, because I want to know so much more and everything about Christianity. And both Gandhi and Malcolm had strong faith in their God, or their religion. They understand the idea of religion and wanting to continue their faith in God. So If i was chosen to be a leader with

hiroko michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  hiroko michelle Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Ryn Yanase wrote:Malcom X was fighting for social equality. He was in three different religions Christianity, Black Moslem, and Muslim. When he was a Christian he didn't care of being a religious individual and he did a lot of bad violent things. When he was a Black Moslem he was still violent and he didn't care of other race, they thought that white people are devils and the Black Moslems were racists still. When he became a Muslim he was a peaceful man, he quit being really violent and he quit being a racist and told people that they like to work with other colored people but can't join their group. On the other hand, Gandhi also fought for social equality. He was really peaceful and believed strongly in his religion and his religion believed in peace. I think I can't live like either of them because even though I like peace better than being violent, I fight for what I want sometimes and I can't be working like them because I'm going to guess that they were really busy. I don't like to be really busy and I also don't like giving speeches in front of a big audience and that is exactly what they did to convince people and teach their beliefs to the a lot of people.

I agree with what you said. I had about the same idea, and you really didnt need to write if you like to give speeches or not lol But I think your suggestion/thought about this topic was purty good :]

hiroko michelle

Back to top Go down

Post  hiroko michelle Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 pm

This topic is straight forward, Ghondi was a religious Hindu who became a great leader, and also worked in a social communitry. He fought for people's "Rights" Not just for "his" people. But he was helping other people with different cultures and religion. He was assassignated by his own people because they were afraid he was trying to help other religion.

Malcom X was changing one religion to another. He was also a great leader, for "his" people, and worked in social community. When he was a christian, He was making alot of bad choices, who has lied, and most of all has commit adultry before marriage. He was assassignated by his own peole also because they were afraid he was on "their" side.

hiroko michelle

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty Malcom X or Gandhi

Post  Ryn Yanase Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Malcom X was fighting for social equality. He was in three different religions Christianity, Black Moslem, and Muslim. When he was a Christian he didn't care of being a religious individual and he did a lot of bad violent things. When he was a Black Moslem he was still violent and he didn't care of other race, they thought that white people are devils and the Black Moslems were racists still. When he became a Muslim he was a peaceful man, he quit being really violent and he quit being a racist and told people that they like to work with other colored people but can't join their group. On the other hand, Gandhi also fought for social equality. He was really peaceful and believed strongly in his religion and his religion believed in peace. I think I can't live like either of them because even though I like peace better than being violent, I fight for what I want sometimes and I can't be working like them because I'm going to guess that they were really busy. I don't like to be really busy and I also don't like giving speeches in front of a big audience and that is exactly what they did to convince people and teach their beliefs to the a lot of people.

Ryn Yanase

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty RE Takashi

Post  Admin Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:04 pm

It is interesting that you would not put effort into something like this. I think if you were given the right motivation, something that you really really believed in that you would also be like Malcolm X or Gandhi. I think perhaps living in Japan and living very comfortably you haven't ran into anything yet that motivates you. What do you think? If you were living a a different country like a Third World Country would that make you feel strongly about something? So strongly that you would be willing to give up things for it?

Admin
Admin

https://worldhistorychy4u.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty hibiki

Post  sujata gawali Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:46 pm

As you said you can live like Gandhi and Malcom x did. And your view is similary as mine. As i believe in Hinduism and I can fight to protect my religion. Fight does not mean violence and distructive. I can fight peacefully to protect my religion.

sujata gawali

Back to top Go down

Post  takashi hirokata Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Malcom X was in three different religions; Christianity, Black Moslem, and Islam. He fought for social equality. While he was with the Black Moslems, he was violent. He thought white people were devils and refused their help. He didn't work with other black leaders. When he was with a Muslim, he was more peaceful. He was also willing to work other people. Ghandi also fought for social equality. He was peaceful because of his religion. He never used violence. I couldn't live as either one of them because I there isn't anything that I feel like fighting for. Living as one of them also seems like a lot of work and I'm way too lazy to be like them.

takashi hirokata

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty Sujata,

Post  hibiki kojima Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:11 pm

I agree with your opinion.
I am not a strong religious person, but if I were in a religion, I would be proud to stand up for my religion and fight for my beliefs. Even though it is some thing unrelated to religion, I strongly believe that I want to fight for what I believe and what I think is true.
I think that I would be able to live like Ghandi or Malcom X if I had something I really really want to fight for.

hibiki kojima

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty How was Malcolm X or Gandhi was affected by their religion? Could you live as Malcolm X or Gandhi did? Explain.

Post  hibiki kojima Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 am

Ghandi was a Hindu who believed in non-violence and famous for not fighting back. He was influenced by his two religions, Hinduism and Christianity. He was taught the idea of liberation, non-violence and being truthful. He experienced Indian discrimination, and thought that he had to change both the government and the people. He believed in peace, and was against the Hindu Caste system. Malcom X was a person who also fought for non-violence and justice. He had experienced being in three religions, Christianity, Black Moslem, and Muslim, and changed his beliefs at the same time. Still, he was influenced by the Muslim idea, where he last reached. Because he experienced discrimination of the black people in America, he always fought against the white people violently. Still, when he entered the Muslim, he noticed that skin colors does not matter. There, he was influenced by their idea, and fought for non-violence and equal justice. Both Ghandi and Malcom X fought for what they believed, and gave their life for what they believe.

I think that I could live like both of them if I had something I strongly believe and want to fight for it. If it is something that I truly believe and feel that I can live for it, I would use all my lifetime to keep my beliefs. I don't want to give up or change, so I would rather fight for what I believe until I die than dying with regret.

hibiki kojima

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty How was Malcolm X or Gandhi was affected by their religion? Could you live as Malcolm X or Gandhi did? Explain.

Post  sujata gawali Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:34 am

Gandhi is the best known Hindu in the world and considered as the father of his country.He was influenced by Christinity and Hinduism.He used the path of non violence, truth,dharma and moksha.He was against the injustice in Hindu society and he worked for the improvement of minority groups in India. and he was against the caste system. but he was killed by the people of his own religion.
Malcolm X is the religious non violence fighter. His life was passed through different religion like christian ,black moslem and finally muslim. He was afro americian and was against of white people because there was injustice between black and white peoples.
Yes, I can live as Malcolm X and Gandhi did . There were the the religious fighter . They gave there whole life to establish the non violence religious environment, and they were fighting for the justice. Because of there good work we are following our religion peacefully. so, if the time comes to be same as them to contribute for my religion I will be glad to do that.

sujata gawali

Back to top Go down

Malcolm X or Gandhi Empty Malcolm X or Gandhi

Post  Admin Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:09 pm

How was Malcolm X or Gandhi was affected by their religion? Could you live as Malcolm X or Gandhi did? Explain.

Admin
Admin

https://worldhistorychy4u.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum